Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Are todays kids keeping their young spirit longer  (Read 3008 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
Are todays kids keeping their young spirit longer
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
I remember feeling that my father was very mature, but since I see young adults ,I often wonder about what this article is about and its hidden truth. The younger kids are maturing earlier, but adulthood thinking and acting is coming on much later. I really feel the reason is because today, many kids grow up living in a "CONCRETE JUNGLE". How do you guys feel. Our daughter didn't grow up in that type of environment and moved to the States and started a new life pretty much all by herself. She learnt one thing very fast, at the age of 18, that is, you don't work, you have no spending money to do the things you want to do. She is still on her first job 4 years later and doing well.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203806504577181351486558984.html?mod=WSJ_hp_us_mostpop_read

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Are todays kids keeping their young spirit longer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
You did good by your daughter, as I did mine. She's on her own like yours, even though she's 28. We do the best we can with our own, even though we see the transition before our eyes everyday. There's too many things in life to factor in why some are more mature than others but it's plain to see. But remember this.....
the body matures before the mind (especially the female), more so now than years past when we were young. That was an interesting article. There are a lot of facets that contribute to what we see these days. I think where you grow up may have something to do with it, who knows for sure? Heck, when I was growing up, I used to think that being "grown up" or an "adult" meant you were mature. Man was I ever wrong. My ladyfriend has some kids (over 60 years of age) that drop by to see her (her company, NOT mine) almost all the time. How's that for keeping the young spirit longer? The ONLY thing that makes them adult is the biological factor. They pretty much don't have much when it comes to conversation, so I don't associate with them, I just go to my little "combination office, bedroom, studio" and mind my own business, and play my music. I'll be in my own world and lovin' every minute of it. If things go the way I'm planning, I may open up another band practice facility, that way I can have someplace to go and get away for awhile, while the ladyfriend is having her uncouth friends over.   Anyway, the only folks I consider "friends" are here. Y'all the best!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:31:48 PM by zagatron1 »