Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Glasses broke...  (Read 10993 times)

reb

• View Profile
Re: Glasses broke...
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
robert, i agree with you...they should have paid for new glasses or fixed those if they were 'fixable'. at this point, you only have 2 choices, i think...

1. go get 'in their face'...as politely as you can, but...not 'far enough to go to jail'. i have a good friend who would not stand for this, and he doesn't care if he goes to jail, having been there before. the couple times i have gone to the grocery store with him, i have had to quietly walk away as he raised the roof over not getting a discount. he don't care....if he feels treated unfairly, everyone in shouting distance will know about it. that just isn't my style...i will protest, use legal means if they are available or simply never do business with someone again...and i will tell others if i think i have been treated wrong.

2. try your very best to forget the whole thing and not go back there, as you say. sometimes, this is the only alternative we have...but it's a effective one in many cases. screw me once, shame on you. twice, shame on me.

i am only 'hoorahing ya'. however, my offer to cut your hair still stands... :)

i don't see a difference in any of that...ruining clothes, such as spilling wine on a white shirt, same thing. an apology doesn't cut it. the situation goes to the concept of 'being made whole'. if in our society, someone can injure another with no consequence, our society is falling apart a little or a lot at a time. this clearly is an material injury, not just an insult or some other passing silliness.

hagarfreak33

• Fat Fingers
  • Being stupid is its own reward
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »
Its funny you just posted this=2 days ago i was wearing my brand new glasses-just picked them up on friday-i ordered 2 pairs one special pair for work and they were not ready yet-so i wore my new regular pair-climbed up to the top of the telephone pole to work on the cable -knocked them off my face they hit the ground and the lenses went all over >:(-but they didn't break i just popped them back in :)

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if that business eventually goes out of business with such a lack of customer skills. If they are a chain, get the manager's name and complain to the home office.

I'll remember to hold my glasses next time I go in for a trim.

Thanks for the link to Zenni, reb. I need to get my eyes rechecked and get a new pair of glasses.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
you're very welcome, pic. i've bought glasses from them for 3 years; if i had had to replace mine at a local shop, it woulda cost me about $1000 more than what i've spent at zenni. hope you have the same good luck i've had with them.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 07:32:11 AM »
Just to add to this, my wife and son were with me the other night at a restaurant.  A waitress nearby dropped a full beer bottle on a tile floor, causing the beer to explode out of the bottle and glass went all over our table into our beverages and soup.  They apologized profusely, replaced all the food items and beverages, and bought us dessert.  Now that's what I would expect when something goes wrong.

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 06:27:16 PM »
in a resturaunt, that's all they can do.  in robert's case it wasn't something that would have caused him physical harm, so they decided against