Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Must be nice!  (Read 4031 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Must be nice!
« on: February 11, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
Must be nice to  be able to afford something like this to LEARN how to play guitar on. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/2846021277.html I wish I had something like that to uh......... no, wait a minute, it's not my money! If I could afford to spend dollar like that to learn on, you best believe I'm NOT gonna bait out! And after a FEW lessons? If there's ANY amount of uncertainty, I'd invest in something considerably cheaper. But that's just me. Like I said, ain't my money.

johannes.maas

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Re: Must be nice!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »
if you are rich in money you dont care?

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »
if you are rich in money you dont care?

That's one way to look at it. ;D  One thought comes to mind though, I know an individual that plays professionally, for a living 'n' all that stuff. Been playing at least 25 years and he refuses to pay more than $500 for a guitar! He has a closet full of Epi Les Pauls, most are the Les Paul 100s with the bolt on necks, some are Squier Vintage Modifieds and all of them are stock. It's not that he can't afford to pay more ('cause he gots the dough) he just doesn't see the justification in paying over a grand when there's so many guitars out here that are well built for less. I think the most expensive axe he owns is his Epi Les Paul 1959 Tribute, which is no longer made (I think).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:50:38 PM by zagatron1 »

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »
people who don't care usually don't wind up with much money....

i think your acquaintance has got it about right, zag. if i had the money i had blown on guitars and other 'stuff' over the years, i could be rich and THEN not care. :)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »
I know a lot of people who have purchased rather expensive guitars and amps with no clue or ambition to learn how to play them.   That guy wants too much anyway....