Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Yamaha Tele?  (Read 4815 times)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yamaha Tele?
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:57:11 PM »
Walked into a old guitar shop on the way home the other night, and found a decent looking Yamaha Tele style guitar on the wall for $100.  24 Frets, 12" radius, C profile, natural finish, direct body mounted open coil humbuckers, fixed bridge....

It looks like a decent workhorse.   The body is five pieces, but the guitar itself had a good weight to it.  Seriously considered buying it, but we have too many other things right now we need to pay for to be concerned with it.  But still, for $100, decent fretwork and a straight neck?  Not bad at all...

What's everyone's thoughts on it?

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Yamaha Tele?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »
They're pretty decent for the money, and I believe along with those Teles, they have some Strat like models. They're all under their "Pacifica" line.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »
How can you go wrong for $100??

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
Walked into a old guitar shop on the way home the other night, and found a decent looking Yamaha Tele style guitar on the wall for $100.  24 Frets, 12" radius, C profile, natural finish, direct body mounted open coil humbuckers, fixed bridge....

It looks like a decent workhorse.   The body is five pieces, but the guitar itself had a good weight to it.  Seriously considered buying it, but we have too many other things right now we need to pay for to be concerned with it.  But still, for $100, decent fretwork and a straight neck?  Not bad at all...

What's everyone's thoughts on it?

Sounds about average price.  I think you'd go bananas here, we have a recycle store with over 300 used electric guitars and most are less than ¥10000 ($100)。 All sizes, colors and shapes. And some are out of this world. Hard times at the moment and with the High School kids now off to college the collection is sure to get larger. Can't wait till next month and see how many more new guitars will be on the wall. Hey! I got an idea, I'll try to take a picture. 

sorry guys, I just noticed that on college I get a pop up, do I now have a virus on my computer. It is a colege that shows up on the screen. Dang. Do I have to reset my firewall, I really don't know
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:11:27 PM by hillbilly-joe »

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »
i have heard several people refer to teles as 'a block of wood with a ball bat neck'. i bought a squier affinity to do 'experiments' on, and it has turned over time into a nice guitar that i like....and i doubt i could sell, as it is a franken tele.

if you want something to mess with that you can't hurt, DB.....mine has one fralin pup in it, a strat neck...and a humbucker from gfs in the neck, with a home cut pickguard. it sounds pretty good, but i need to put a shim in the neck to adjust the angle..have the oak shim stock to do it,and haven't got around to it...and there's no one to nag me, either. i've enjoyed playing with the thing.