Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe  (Read 5564 times)

creekster52

• View Profile
Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:45:17 PM »
I either have to become a better player or quit listening to Bonamassa. I love it, bit it makes me feel so...INADEQUATE!!  ::)

Memory Lane Jr

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:17:53 AM »
I either have to become a better player or quit listening to Bonamassa. I love it, bit it makes me feel so...INADEQUATE!!  ::)

I am a bit of a Joe fan myself, very cool guitarist.

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:08:56 AM »
JB has played from the age of 4 and never put the guitar down, his parents had to force him to go play outside with the other kids. With that in mind we ain't never going to catch up!!!! lol
He says it never came natural to him, he just practiced a lot, now that inspires me to practice more cos look at the end result in his case!  :)

Klaus

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:42:12 AM »
Its easy to hear who hes influence is  8)

G... M...

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
Y'all listen to Scratch, Bonamassa has had one hell of a support group around him. Man, his parents owned and RAN a guitar shop! He heard ALL the right stuff. He was in all the right places. Got a guitar at the age of 4! Dudes, at that age I didn't know what a guitar was. Up until my son started playing, I was the only guitar player (I started playing seriously at 13!) in my situation. We all have our own influences that have a bearing on how we play ourselves. Look at it this way, you're got your OWN style of playing. I've got mine. Sure, I like to listen to other folks play! I got a few breaks over the years, 'cause I happened to be in the right place at the right time. That's 'cause of my love for the instrument. Give yourselves credit and a round of applause.

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »
joe b is a good player, but his music  does little for me.

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »
joe b is a good player, but his music  does little for me.

A few people I know have said that DH, but changed their minds on seeing him live. His music is really meant to be seen and heard in a live situation. I really only listen to a few albums of his on the ipod.   

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »
Joe is incredible.  I watched a video of him playing when he was 10 or 12.  He already surpassed 90% of every blues guitarist out there.