Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Vox Tonelab ST  (Read 5609 times)

Memory Lane Jr

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Vox Tonelab ST
« on: April 07, 2012, 05:56:06 AM »
Hey Zagatron did you ever buy the Tonelab ST? I have spotted a used one for sale & am tempted I would rather have a HD-500 but too expensive for me.
Any thoughts guys/girls? Good/Bad.

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Vox Tonelab ST
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:51:57 AM »
After changing my mind over and over, then bouncing back and forth between the ST and EX models, I wound up with neither. As a matter of fact, I even considered the HD-300 for awhile.

Memory Lane Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Yeh I have been doing a bit of research on the ST & it seems that it suffers the same problem that some of the valvetronix amps has, an annoying hiss, mind you I have never noticed that in my VT-20+.
I may as well keep going with what I have until the prices come down on the HD range, but being based in my laptop it does seem to work it hard.
Whats up with the forum it seems very quiet?

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »
I don't know. It just gets that way (quiet) from time to time. Me....I'm here 24/7. Well, almost. ;D

VikingBlues

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »
Yeh I have been doing a bit of research on the ST & it seems that it suffers the same problem that some of the valvetronix amps has, an annoying hiss, mind you I have never noticed that in my VT-20+.
I used to use an ST. Was an improvement on my previous modelling/multi fx gear, but I always found it frustrating that there wasn't more of the parameters that could be adjusted. I then got a (2nd hand) Vox Tonelab LE. Hardly used the ST from that day on - the LE was much more flexible and (to me) the tones were much more pleasing to the ear and less "processed" sounding. I don't remember a problem with "hiss" with the ST though I've always suffered from my playing sounding something that rhymes with hiss.  ;D

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »

Whats up with the forum it seems very quiet?

The forum is quiet because we have a few hundred members with only a dozen or more active posters.  I try to encourage as many as I can find to come and join here, but lack of activity really draws the appeal down.  Sort of a double edge sword thing...