Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Affordable Telecaster  (Read 3397 times)

GaryP

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Affordable Telecaster
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
I have been looking at Squier Classic Vibe Custom Tele and MIM Fender Telecasters. Just picked up both at the store yesterday, the only difference I felt was the frets felt really sharp on the edge of the Fender and better on the Squier. Is the fender a better guitar for only $50.00 more or is it just the name. I had guitar store anxiety and didn't plug in (hate practicing my scales in a room full of guitar players, maybe next time the place will be empty and I can hear if there is a difference). Which is the better deal in everyones opinion. I am just playing through a Mustang 1 amp if that makes any difference.

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Affordable Telecaster
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »
The better deal is what felt good in your hands. After all, you're paying for it in more ways than one. Oh yeah, if you wait for a store to be empty in order to try out an axe well....., you may have to wait awhile. Just go for it and "Do you"!

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Affordable Telecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »
Without a doubt, the Classic Vibe series are of much better quality that the standard MIM line.   Not to say that some MIM guitars are built right, such as the deluxe series.  But for the money, the Classic Vibe is the best.  If you're lucky you can find a used one for near half the price.  The necks and bodies are thicker, and a lot more quality in the craftmanship.  You can't go wrong.  The only "issue" with many guitarists is seeing the Squier on the headstock.  Some people remove them or replace them, but I could care less.