Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: new effect and old effect  (Read 5540 times)

johannes.maas

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
new effect and old effect
« on: May 01, 2012, 05:32:36 AM »
Will get a vox satchurator pedal on thursday...

Its just not sounding good to have my me70 in front of the amp so i will use the satchurator as distortion and use the modulation (chorus, flanger etc etc) and the delay effects in the effect loop of my amp.

May post some pics and sounds later this week,

btw Yesterday I found my old (1994 or so) Boss DS1 - cleaned it a bit. put a 9v battery inside and it worked right away... did not expect that thing running...

Too bad one knob is missing... if anyone knows where to order spare parts from boss (in europe?) plz let me know...

My Bogner Alchemist + ME70 and the old DS1

The old DS 1 and an also really old Tubescreamer (Mid 90īs I guess) - too bad the battery connector is broken. I will see if I can power it with an
external power connection
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:47:41 AM by johannes.maas »

Klaus

• View Profile
Re: new effect and old effect
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:41:58 AM »
Hi Johannes
Yeah thoose old pedals are great, thats the "real"sound  8)

I have 2 of thoose  Ibanez TS10 Tubescreamers and yes you can power it with an external powersupply without any problems. Im actually using a Boss for mine and its working perfect.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »
Contact Boss directly may help, also Ebay, for the knob.   As far as the Boss ME, are you using the distortation and gain of the amp?  Those multieffect units work and sound best when plugged into a very clean amp.  Most of the time, there are amp and cab simulators being used, which can effect the tone of your amp (in a bad way) if you are using the dirty channel.

johannes.maas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »
I was using it in frontof the clean channel.

Using it with the tube amps gain sounds bad because effects like chorus, delay or other stuff have to be behind the distortion effect...

Compressor - Overdrive / Distortion - Modulation effects - delay effects

I want to be able to use the me70 modulation and delay together with the amps distortion or a pedal.

The only way is to put it in th effects loop.

The effects will then be past the amps distortion...

I can use the effects both in clean and dirty channel

The vox satchurator will be used in front of the end in combination with the clean channel.

I need a sperate distortion pedal because a) then i can use the effets in the loop and b) the amp has not enough gain for really heavy stuff  and c) I want to be able to play on lower volumes...

as you can imagine that amp is pretty loud with 50 watts tube power and 2 x 12 celestion speakers...

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
the ds1 looks to me like a guitar fetish pearl guitar knob might fit it....it might cause it to want to do a more highbrow kind of distortion, however....

zagatron1

• View Profile