Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Boss and Behringer?  (Read 4320 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Boss and Behringer?
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:54:48 PM »
If you know about Boss pedals, I'm pretty sure you've seen the acronym "COSM" (composite*object*sound*modeling) on their stuff. To add to that, I'm sure everybody's familiar with Behringer's  good ol' plastic pedals as well. Even though I don't know how long the current batch of pedals from Behringer have been around, I've noticed an a similarity on top of their pedals as well. Seems as though they have a thing goin' on too....... "RSM" (Real*Sound*Modeling). These are a tad more in price that their regular pedals (about twice as much), but still less than most and still  the same plastic housing as well. When I first saw "RSM", I thought of Boss' "COSM". I wonder....... do we have a collaboration of sorts? Or maybe "Let me borrow your concept for a minute, I'll pay you back on payday." Your thoughts?

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Boss and Behringer?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 07:21:53 PM »
I just think each manufacturer try to come up with the coolest word and acronym for their latest technology! :D

"Hey, buy our new KASM modeler"! Kick A$$ Super Modeler! Haha

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »
It may be the same, but as technology continues to advance and become cheaper, companies like Behringer (who are known to take technology from other companies because they are Chinese based) can start to produce higher quality items at a much lower cost.  It why I'm such a Joyo fan now.. I've found the Joyo to be a cheap, realible pedal manufacture.  Their stuff new is 1/2 the price of the big guys stuff on the used market.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
sometime ago, i read an article about Bill KIrchen...he likes Danelectro pedals. i've tried a couple..honestly, they are pretty decent.  he also likes jensen's neodymium speakers, and i second that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Cody_and_His_Lost_Planet_Airmen

i doubt, due to price, the Danelectros are...mmm...cosm, wosm...osm...any of that. some have funny names...that make me want to not let them near my guitars...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/danelectro?_requestid=404189