Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: A 'heads up' if you are interested...  (Read 2362 times)

secondtry

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
A 'heads up' if you are interested...
« on: May 25, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »
Musician's Friend is offering a limited run of Gibson Melody Makers in all the popular shapes (SG, V, LP, Explorer, and of course MM) for $299.  I ordered a Flying V model today!  I don't know about the others, but the V will ship around June 15th.

I had been looking around for something musical to treat myself to for Father's Day/my birthday for a while now.  I had initially set my sights on an Epi Wildkat because of the cool vibe and the P90 pickups it offered, but yesterday I saw the ad for the Gibson MMs at the MF website and decided to get a V Melody Maker instead (same price as the Wildkat). 

My seven year old son played a part in the decision.  He likes to play Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and his 'guitar' for those games is a Flying V, which he really likes.  I showed him the MM Flying V and asked him if I should buy it and he said 'yes'.  He usually tells me that I have too many guitars already, but since this was a V, he was all for it! ;D

Needless to say, he is all excited about the guitar, and so am I.  I've read that they only weight about 5 or 6 pounds, so that is light enough for him to play comfortably.  It's still going to be my guitar, but I already told him that I'd let him play it.

I've heard clips of guys playing Blues on these and they sound very cool!  Check them out before they are gone!  Great deal on a USA-made guitar!