Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Used Pedals  (Read 4653 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Used Pedals
« on: May 30, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
Recently I got into a conversation about used pedals and where to get good deals. Well, the used ones I do have were purchased locally and the rest I got new. Anyway, I was asked if I knew of any good online vendors. I replied that other than CL and the Bay, I wasn't aware of any. So, I decided to take a look, and much to my surprise, I saw prices that sucked and as a matter of fact in some cases higher than new! Case in point.... Exhibit A: One Boss SD-1 Overdrive pedal.
Dig this, some nut is selling a "used" one for $99! Now this is not an 80's, made in Japan special delight etc. etc. pedal, but an everyday, run of the mill "unmodded" pedal mind you! Everybody that knows anything, knows one can be had all day for $49 new! This is just the tip of the iceburg (so to speak). Man the prices I've seen. Buyer beware big-time!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:48:21 AM by zagatron1 »

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Used Pedals
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »
I buy most of my used pedals from Guitar Center's used gear section.  Typically, they are as cheap or cheaper than you can find on Ebay, plus unlike CL or Ebay, if you don't like it, you can return it.  Other than wah pedals, I don't mind buying used.  A few scratches don't bother me...

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »
I notice used stuff is always way more expensive than it should be. The local classifieds have gear that cost them 500 bucks new a few years ago, and now they want 400. It's really not worth more than 200 - 250 in many cases.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
GC or any other forum/website will not admit it, but because GC is so large and has so many locations, they really set the stage for the true "bluebook" value of any peice of gear...

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
Well, I checked out GC a bit more extensively and I found some decent deals in the mix, but also some stuff that one might as well purchase new. Sooooo....I'd have to conclude that it depends on the item.